Pages

Dec 30, 2010

currywurst

I did claim to have no warm feelings for polka-dots, but some things change. And if it wasn’t for the amazing smooth texture of silk that I have felt running my fingers through the racks at ACNE Studio in Amsterdam about a year ago….and if it wasn’t for the queer combination of two polka-dot ‘calibres’ in the same garment…and if it wasn’t for ACNE Online Outlet to do a Christmas deal of 70% discount on selected items…at those moments I feel like the stars align and send me a sign from above.
I haven’t been checking the Outlet all that much, but apparently it is well stocked. Most of the discounts aren’t that attractive though because they don’t reach further than 40%. I must be spoiled, I know! But I quickly get used to a massive discount at the store where I work, and 10% at basically the entire A. Dansaert street during the current season, that paying more than a half of the original price doesn’t inspire my shopping, so I plough through the internet in search of the great deals on the pieces I saw during the season but have not been able to afford.
In comes the polka-dot shirt! I’m nowhere near getting cherries tattooed on my breasts though. The second thing I bought was this gorgeous tie-dye mini skirt (and was right to size up - it’s tiny).
And here I am, in a ludicrous mix of hippie and rock’n’roll, tie-dye and polka-dots, jumping around my house like a happy sausage…hm, or a currywurst.

1 comment:

vliin said...

three times YES!! killer combination :o as for the streetstyle photo: I could imagine myself thinking the exact same when bumping into a snap of myself, but you are being unnecessarily severe to yourself, yes you are!

Today I felt like I needed to breath the cold digital winter air…I felt that my current position in blogosphere was suffocating me…I took a ride out into the infinite snowy fields and filled my lungs anew…and I felt that I needed to share.

This is a more personal and honest part of what I do. I run an image blog ± (Various Sources) on Tumblr, write a good old fashion blog .origami mon ami since 2006, and since recently publish a fashion fanzine Various Sources. All Brussels-based, I’m no globe-trotter, although I do explore the Northern part of the Old Continent with immense pleasure.

I want to share what I think, see, like, wear, buy, want, make, do, visit, love, know, discover, find, lose, keep, get, give, take, share


Follow cut the cute