Pages

Jan 31, 2011

Somehow I’m back in the blogging mood, showing off my latest purchases, rambling on about yet another identity crisis and the meaning of the cute.
I really wonder if anyone else may feel the same – the yearning for another life, a wish to swap this one for something else, something different? I’m in my seasonal mood for change, so please excuse my bluntness when I say that I feel like I should find a new job, a boyfriend, move to another city, learn a 5th language, grow my hair very long (ok, that’s an old one) and colour it green. I’d like to change pretty much most of my wardrobe too, and look like a girl. I’d like to be open to appreciate other music styles, and not remain forever stuck in the doom and the gloom of hardcore punk – I tried it before, but found very few pop bands that stuck by, because I lost my interest in those going mainstream. It’s really time for another trip to the Rough Trade record shop in East London, I need it like air to breathe.
Lately I find that blogging contributes very well to our economy, since all of the online exhibitionism is closely related to the amounts of money we’re spending. So many fashion bloggers write about their recent purchases with great enthusiasm…and I follow! Living up to no purchase = no blog post formula. Alright, you might have guessed where I’m getting to.
The shopping ban did not last very long. I actually felt rather depraved without being able to buy the things that I wanted, not needed. I felt ugly. So as a result a dress, a pair of trousers, a necklace, a skirt, a pair of shoes and a shirt are queuing up to have their picture taken and a blog post dedicated to how wonderful they all are. But for now I’ll show you the result of today’s trip to Ikea – new crazy coloured bed sheets and a pair of vases that were a total bargain! Really, when my favourite PS range vases are being sold at 5€ for the big one and 2€ for the little one, I couldn’t resist but to pull them lonely souls off the rack and take them home. And to finish on a fashion note, that blue tote is from COS, gorgeous but very practical too – my new companion for daily run-abouts.

No comments:

Today I felt like I needed to breath the cold digital winter air…I felt that my current position in blogosphere was suffocating me…I took a ride out into the infinite snowy fields and filled my lungs anew…and I felt that I needed to share.

This is a more personal and honest part of what I do. I run an image blog ± (Various Sources) on Tumblr, write a good old fashion blog .origami mon ami since 2006, and since recently publish a fashion fanzine Various Sources. All Brussels-based, I’m no globe-trotter, although I do explore the Northern part of the Old Continent with immense pleasure.

I want to share what I think, see, like, wear, buy, want, make, do, visit, love, know, discover, find, lose, keep, get, give, take, share


Follow cut the cute