Pages

Jan 18, 2011

up north

Did I promise to stay away from press releases? Not for too long. It’s fun to see the blog evolve and collect the first signs of the blog’s new age – press releases. This one came straight from Denmark, and as you know my heart is feeble for all things Scandinavian, I let this one take up a whole post.

The Danish swimwear brand North may provide you with the beach basics of the unsettling simplicity, but that’s a nod to the Scandinavian approach to most of design – pure and simple timeless minimalistic style and carefully worked details with a contemporary edge. The entire range is a mix-and-match set of shapes when it comes to the separates, but also includes one-piece, towels, bags and men’s swimwear.
I randomly clicked around the press package and picked out the one-piece. There’s no structure or geometry, but it’s the kind of swimwear you go back to when everything else fails. Personally, I am not too keen on colours and frills, so the North’s basics are right down my alley.
On a side-note: who else to model for North’s lookbook but the beautiful Ingrid of Anywho. Take a look.

No comments:

Today I felt like I needed to breath the cold digital winter air…I felt that my current position in blogosphere was suffocating me…I took a ride out into the infinite snowy fields and filled my lungs anew…and I felt that I needed to share.

This is a more personal and honest part of what I do. I run an image blog ± (Various Sources) on Tumblr, write a good old fashion blog .origami mon ami since 2006, and since recently publish a fashion fanzine Various Sources. All Brussels-based, I’m no globe-trotter, although I do explore the Northern part of the Old Continent with immense pleasure.

I want to share what I think, see, like, wear, buy, want, make, do, visit, love, know, discover, find, lose, keep, get, give, take, share


Follow cut the cute