Pages

Feb 16, 2011

escapism

Only one and a half day left and I’ll be in London! And if two weeks ago I was absolutely sure which clothes I’m taking with me, now I’m desperately trying to put some outfits together, doing my best to restrict myself to maximum three pairs of shoes. Shouldn’t be such a big deal, but I love all my shoes and I want to take them with me. Besides the shoes are the clothes which I always pack way too many, wanting to have choice when I get dressed, and then ending up wearing the newest things I bought already on my trip. It’s just so predictable.
I’m planning to check out a couple of showrooms, jot down some interesting names to follow and join my fellow countrymen of RA13 to some shows. I have absolutely no need for running around trying to get the most out of this Fashion Week. On the contrary, I’m much more eager to go to the fleamarket, music shop, and eat loads of sushi, since it happens to be the cheapest dinner alternative in London. I’ll drop by Janette’s and Machine A for some boutique inspiration and find a concert to go to – the usual city-trip stuff.
It’s a shame I’ll miss the Topshop launch at Hunting and Collecting, but I’ll probably do my bit of Topshop as well, since it’s still the cheapest shopping spot. I already have a list of pieces to fit, it includes all things burgundy, loads of accessories and print. It may just be the influence from the yoga classes I just started taking, but I want to have my feet well on the ground – looking for good flat shoes, as you might have supposed. My best choice is slippers because I can’t see anymore brogues or loafers, and I’m surely not wearing ballerinas or sneakers or plimsolls – eew! So those Topshop black suede slippers…hm…will do some fitting.

via style.com




No comments:

Today I felt like I needed to breath the cold digital winter air…I felt that my current position in blogosphere was suffocating me…I took a ride out into the infinite snowy fields and filled my lungs anew…and I felt that I needed to share.

This is a more personal and honest part of what I do. I run an image blog ± (Various Sources) on Tumblr, write a good old fashion blog .origami mon ami since 2006, and since recently publish a fashion fanzine Various Sources. All Brussels-based, I’m no globe-trotter, although I do explore the Northern part of the Old Continent with immense pleasure.

I want to share what I think, see, like, wear, buy, want, make, do, visit, love, know, discover, find, lose, keep, get, give, take, share


Follow cut the cute